Sending out a simple hello to all of you today!
It’s Saturday…what’s on your agenda today?
Sleeping in, maybe a little family time, or a whole lotta crafting?
If you chose a whole lotta crafting, this card is a great place to start!
- Using Very Vanilla card stock, cut it length wise at 4 1/4″, score and fold it in half at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of DSP to 4 1/4 x 3 1/2″. Adhere it to the card base, lining it up with the bottom edge.
- Out of Basic Black, cut a strip 1/2″ wide and 4 1/4″ wide, layer it over the seam of the DSP.
- Cut out the “hello” from the Greetings Thinlits using the Big Shot and Magnetic Platform. Adhere the greeting using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp the flower from the Everything Eleanor set onto some Very Vanilla, TWICE.
- Punch out one of the flowers with a 2″ Circle punch. Color the entire flower with a Basic Black Marker.
- Color the second flower with a Watermelon Wonder Marker for the petals and a Tip Top Taupe Marker for the stamen. Fussy Cut the flower using the Paper Snips. Layer this flower over the black colored flower, turning it just enough to create a shadow effect, and don’t forget to add the pearls!
- Adhere the circle with the flowers on it using some Stampin’ Dimensionals , it really helps with the shadow effect, and gives it a little pop.
The effect from the Wink Of Stella pens is so subtle, it’s hard to get a good sense
of what it looks like in a photo (I need a lot of lessons here). It gives just
a hint of sparkle… very pretty!
Another view …from the side…still not showing much of the sparkle, but it’s there!
This is a great design for everyday cards like this Simple Hello. You could change out
the greeting, the paper, or the flower…heck, change all three and get something
different for each person on your mailing list!
Thanks for visiting today…
Have a question? Shoot me an e-mail…
I’d be happy to help you!
Need some stamping supplies?
Remember…if you order from my online store, please
leave your contact information. If you check out as a
guest, there is no way for me to say
THANK YOU .
Who will you send a Simple Hello to?